Choosing the right air purifier in times like this is crucial to keep you healthy. Indoor air quality is poor in many households, and you might not even realize it. We all know that outdoor air quality can be poor due to pollution, but not many people are aware of indoor pollution.
That’s why it’s such an issue. Smoking, cooking, mold, moisture, poor hygiene and other factors contribute to indoor air pollution. In addition, many people are prone to allergies and suffer from asthmatic attacks, and these are made significantly worse with the presence of air pollutants. How do we solve this?
A good air purifier will do wonders for your indoor air quality. Oransi is one of the best air purifier brands out there. With the wealth of options available, it might be intimidating to pick the right one. Oransi’s Max HEPA Air Purifier (OVHM80) is perhaps one of the best choices to make at this moment.
We’ll go over the air purifier’s specifics in this article. We’ll take a look at its specifications, the pros and cons, how to change the filters and how often to do it, and much more.
This is a review of the Oransi Max HEPA Air Purifier.
Overview of Oransi Max HEPA Air Purifier
The Oransi Max HEPA air purifier is the perfect choice for bedrooms and basements. To start with, we must mention the premium build quality.
It’s one of the most important factors of an air purifier. You might not think so, but an air purifier with a quality build will be much more effective, and will last a long time.
The purifier will eliminate almost all harmful particles from the air. This includes dust, dust mites, mold, bacteria, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and other particles.
It will make life for those suffering from allergies and asthma much more comfortable. But not just to those people, but for everybody who’s looking to improve the indoor air quality. The v-HEPA filter will remove more than 99% of all pollutants.
But the air purifier has much more than just the HEPA filter. There are also the pre-filter and the activated carbon filter. The pre-filter takes care of the larger particles, while the activated carbon filter removes various odors from the air. Each filter has about 12 months of lifetime, meaning you will have to replace them.
The whole system will cover up to 600 square feet of space, making it suitable for bedrooms, basements, cellars, or even larger rooms.
Another important feature of the purifier is that it operates silently, especially on the silent mode. There are 4 speeds to choose from: at the lowest speed, the noise levels will be at 34DB.
You will also get a 10-year warranty to go with it. All in all, one of the best packages for the money asked.
Pros & Cons of Oransi Max
Let’s look at the pros and cons of the Oransi Max air purifier to let you decide easier.
- It’s a very functional air purifier. The device has a three-stage filtration that enables a wholesome cleaning process. In addition, it’s easy to control, as there are 4 fan speeds to
- choose from. This allows us to use it whether we need stronger filtration, or silent operation at night.
- It’s highly effective. The HEPA filter inside the device will remove more than 99% of airborne pollutants. In addition, the pre-filter will help with the larger particles, and the activated carbon filter will remove odors.
- Silent operation. It’s helpful to have a filter that will operate silently. That’s especially important at night, when we want to ensure that the air quality is still premium when we sleep.
- 10-year warranty. If something goes wrong, you can always return and get a refund. There’s a friendly customer service waiting for you if you need it as well.
- Not great for larger areas. If you’re looking for a purifier that will cover larger rooms or even your whole household, then you might want to invest in something more powerful.
- The filters need constant replacement. All of the filters inside the device will need to be replaced after 12 months or earlier.
What is the Oransi Max Air Purifier Good For?
If you’re looking for a good purifier that will help you with improving your indoor air quality, you’ll get a complete performance with Oransi Max.
First of all, we have to mention that the purifier has three stages of filtration. This ensures that the process of removing pollutants entails a complex system that will make sure the air quality is premium.
The Oransi Max air purifier will remove:
- Dust and dust mites
- Mold spores
- Pet odors
- Smoke odors and smoke
- Cooking odors
With it, you’ll get a very complete performance, especially for the money asked. People with allergies and asthma should really think about this device. It will make asthma triggers go away, especially dust and mold that can make the symptoms worse.
People suffering from allergies will also benefit from it greatly. As it removes allergens such as pollen, mold, and dust, you’ll no longer have to worry about your allergy. But it’s not great just for allergies and asthma; anyone looking for a good air purifier should consider it, and also if you have odors in your home.
It should be considered also by those who have a baby and want to make sure the air is good enough for your child. As it’s silent, you’ll no doubt be able to use it in your baby room, as well as your bedroom at night.
How Does the Oransi Max Air Purifier Work?
The Oransi Max air purifier will help you remove all types of pollutants, and it uses three stages of filtration to do it. Here’s how it works.
First, the air goes through the pre-filter. This filter is the first stage of filtration, and it makes the job for the HEPA filter much easier. It removes the larger particles from the air, but it’s not effective for smaller particles. However, it’s an important part of the filtration process that will make the purifier much more effective.
Then, the air passes through the v-HEPA filter. The filter takes the bulk of the filtration, as it will remove most of the particles from the air. It will trap pollutants like dust, mold, pollen, bacteria, and other pollutants that make the air quality poor. The HEPA filter has an efficiency of 99% or more, although it’s not a True HEPA filter. It’s still very effective, though.
Lastly, the air goes through the Activated Carbon filter. This is a crucial step for those who are seeking to remove various odors from the air. The way activated carbon filter works is that it uses activated carbon to trap the odors. It will also need to be replaced from time to time.
In addition, the purifier has various settings to make your life much easier when you use it:
- It has 4 fan speeds, enabling you to choose between the strength of filtration and silent operation.
- It uses an Air Quality Monitor that’ll help you out with the whole operation. It will operate automatically. If you want, you can still use it manually.
- There are 4 buttons that will let you control the device: the auto, timer, fan speed, and anion buttons. The last button will allow you to use negative ion filter, which is an additional filter, although not as effective as other filters.
How to Change Filters on Oransi Max
As you may already know, you will have to change the filters on this device constantly. This goes for the HEPA filter and the activated carbon, at least. Here’s how to do it.
For the pre-filter, you won’t have to remove or replace it, as it’s washable and reusable. The only thing to keep in mind is to wash it every 3 months to keep it running optimally.
The HEPA and the activated carbon filters will need replacement, though. That will happen approximately every 12 months, although the device will let you know when to do it. The replacement button will start to blink after 3000 hours of operation. That’s when you should check the filters. Here’s how to.
- You’ll need to get the front cover off first. Use a piece of plastic or a wooden chop stick and push it into the intake slot in the upper area of the device. This should make the front cover pop out. Do the same on the other side of the filter, and take the front cover off.
- First is the pre-filter. You’ll have to wash this one. Next is the HEPA filter, and lastly, the activated carbon filter. Remove them when needed, and re-assemble.
- To re-assemble, put the filters back in and put the front cover on. Make sure it clicks.
- Read more about this air purifier in the OVHM80 user manual.
How Often Should You Change Filters in Oransi Max Air Purifier?
Knowing how often to replace the filters is crucial, although the device will let you know on its own. Here are some general guidelines.
- Pre-filter: wash it approximately every 3 months or more often, if the loads are higher.
- HEPA filter: approximately every 12 months, maybe more frequently if the loads are higher.
- Activated carbon filter: 12 months.
Is Oransi Max Air Purifier Worth the Money?
The device comes at just shy of $500; considering the prices of other devices and the features it offers, it’s one of the better deals you can get right now.
You get a three-stage filtration with a powerful HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter. In addition, there’s also the negative ion filter, which you can use whenever you want it. What makes it even better is the functionality of the device. You have 4 fan speeds to choose from, and various modes of operation.
The auto operation is very simple to use, and you won’t have to do much except for change the filters. As it has an automatic air quality detection system, it will know on its own when it needs to work and when it can be turned off.
Additionally, the operation is very silent, especially on the lowest fan speed. This way, it makes it appropriate for various uses, and especially at night. You’ll also get 10 years of warranty, which you can utilize if anything goes wrong.
Overall, there’s a lot to like about this package. And for the money asked, you’ll get a lot. Sure, it might not cover large areas, but what it does, it does it in a premium fashion.
Is Oransi Max Safe for Babies?
Yes, it’s perfectly safe for babies. You can easily use it in your baby’s room to improve the air quality and enable your child to breathe only the purest air possible. The device uses only filters that will improve the air quality without having health hazards, which some purifiers do as they produce ozone when they work.
But not this filter; the HEPA and activated carbon filters are completely safe, making it a great choice if you have a baby and you want to improve the air quality.
It will remove various allergens and bacteria, making your baby safe from any diseases or poor air quality. In addition, it works silently when needed, so you can easily use it for your baby’s room.
So, there you have it, this is the complete review of the Oransi Max air purifier. To conclude, it’s one of the best filters you can get right now, especially for the money. It has plenty of functionality and a strong filtration system.
In addition, it’s easy to control and use, and you’ll only need to remove and replace the filters from time to time. To make the air quality better, there’s not many better choices at the moment.